Skip to main content

Perfect Peel Hard Boiled Eggs

How to cook easy to peel hard boiled eggs

Eggs, Raw, Dairy, Closeup, Rustic



Every time I cook hard boiled eggs I always would seem to have the most difficult time peeling them after they had cooled off. That was until I found this recipe. By placing the eggs in boiling water to start does increase your chance of getting a few eggs that will crack but I would much prefer taking that chance then spending 30 minutes trying to peel a dozen eggs. 



1) First bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil on high heat. 


2) Next slowly place eggs in pot with a slotted spoon. 


3) Boil eggs for about 10-15 minutes.


4) Using the slotted spoon, immediately transfer eggs to a bowl filled with ice water for about 20 min.  



Voilà, easy to peel eggs. Sometimes when adding the eggs to the boiling water you will get some that will crack. I cooked a dozen eggs and only 2 cracked open. This eggs shown above was an egg that had cracked open, which is why it looks a little funny, but I wanted to see how the eggs turned out. They turned out great and peeled with ease. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recovery

After the delivery my daughter and I, my husband and my mom were moved to a recovery room, which is where we stayed for the next 2 days. As soon as we were wheeled into the recovery room I realized just how hungry I was. My husband called the cafeteria to order some lunch but since it was around 2:30 pm when we called, all that they had to order on the menu was cold cut sandwiches. Since I didn't really have much to choose from I just ordered a turkey sandwich with some chips and a pickle. Even though it was a slow time for food deliveries, I still had to wait for what seemed like forever but was probably no more than 30 minutes. My mom had to leave since she had class that evening so soon after she left my husbands mother arrived to meet our daughter. Shortly after she arrived the lactation nurse came in to help with getting our daughter to latch. She was still pretty lethargic and we were having a hard time keeping her awake long enough to try and get her to latch. Sin...